Providing leading support and exceptional care for families who experience the loss of their baby.
- Committed to achieving our vision with integrity.
- Dedicated to and passionate about making a difference.
- Respecting grief is personal and unique.
- Every family has the right to be offered support without judgement.
- Equal acceptance and acknowledgement of every loss.
B ears offered at every hospital providing vital
E arly support
A n Australia wide program which provides timely and
R elevant information to families who experience
S tillbirth, miscarriage, neonatal or infant loss
O ngoing comfort and a lifetime of support
F rom families who understand
H elping to challenge and shape beliefs surrounding loss
O utstanding care
P assionate pregnancy & infant loss support
E ducation and awareness
Bears of Hope is an Australian registered not-for-profit organisation managed solely by a dedicated team of bereaved parents. Our professionalism and longevity has been built on delivering passionate and active pregnancy & infant loss support, education and awareness, and in strengthening relationships with allied health professionals. Bears Of Hope exists to improve the facilitation of the healing journey for families experiencing a loss. Bears of Hope is affiliated with Hospitals, GP’s, Obstetricians and IVF Clinics throughout Australia.
Bears of Hope’s mission is to provide ongoing comfort, support and counselling to parents and families who have experienced the loss of a baby during pregnancy, birth and infancy.
In particular, Bears of Hope is established for the public charitable objects of:
(a) relieving the suffering, distress and misfortune experienced by parents and families who have lost a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth, genetic interruption, multiple loss, neonatal or infant death, for example through:
(1) provision of online support groups;
(2) facilitating face to face support groups;
(3) hospital and home visits by Bears of Hope members and counselors;
(4) provision of newsletters and support material;
(5) holding community and fundraising events;
(6) phone and email support; and
(7) provision of support, including through supply of products and initiatives.
(b) reducing the feelings of loneliness, depression, anxiety and isolation felt by grieving parents, and their families, for example by placing them in contact with other families who have experienced similar loss;
(c) initiating early support for parents who have experienced a pregnancy, birth or infant loss, and their families, for example by donating a ‘Bear of Hope’ and providing support literature;
(d) reaching parents, and their families, who have suffered loss by forming strong relationships with delivery, maternity and early pregnancy clinics, social workers, neonatal intensive care units, general practitioners, obstetricians, IVF clinics, children’s hospitals and emergency departments and others in NSW, ACT and across Australia; and
(e) from time to time and on a case by case basis:
(1) making minor contributions towards research relating to grief counselling and support for those affected by the loss of a baby during pregnancy, birth and infancy; and
(2) providing incidental support to friends, colleagues and the wider community affected by the loss of a baby during pregnancy, birth and infancy.
However, the primary purpose remains the provision of direct relief to affected parents and families
We are an Australian registered not for profit organisation. Since becoming an Incorporated Association on May 22nd 2006, the organisation now known as Bears Of Hope has been governed by an Executive Committee of parents who have personally experienced the loss of their baby. Office bearers include the President, Vice-President, Public Officer, Treasurer and Secretary.
Bears Of Hope Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support Incorporated is a limited liability incorporated association based in Sydney, NSW.
Incorporation Number INC9885618
Australian Registered Body Number 153 714 928
NSW Charitable Fundraising Number 20113
QLD Charity Number 2182
ACT Licence Number: 19000639
TAS – authorised to collect donations
VIC – Registration Number 12345
SA – Fundraising Number CCP2065