Looking Inward at Grief 2024
Looking Inward at Grief is a one day workshop for either one or both parents to attend and learn more about their individual reactions and responses. Held in various locations.
** Exact dates and venues to be confirmed **
The day starts at 10am and concludes at 4.30pm with lunch and afternoon tea included at no cost to you*.
Under the guidance of our Bears of Hope Team, you can expect in this workshop to share as much of your story as you feel comfortable to, look at your grief in more detail through personal reflective exercises and come together as a supportive group to watch videos and share your thoughts. We will end the day looking at supports and strategies available around you and have you leave the workshop hopefully feeling more in control of the feelings around your loss.
Please completed the Expression of Interest so that we can keep you updated with information and send you the registration form closer to the date.
We must meet our grief. We must know it like a familiar neighbour. If we meet it, know it and get through to it, we will become victorious in our battle with it. Yes, the overwhelming grief is frightening, angering, frustrating and relentless. But ultimately, it is our friend. Our grief knows that the short time with our child, with our hope and dreams, enables us to express all that we hold close to our heart.
Locations for 2024:-
- February 24th – Perth (WA) – EOI Close 31st January
- April 20th – Melbourne (VIC) – EOI Close 31st March
- June 1st – Online – EOI Close 25th May
- June 15th – Hobart (TAS) – EOI Close 25th May
- August 24th – Wollongong (NSW) – EOI Close 30th July
- October 19th – Kingscliff (NSW) – EOI Close 30th Sept
- November 16th – Adelaide (SA) – EOI Close 31st Oct
- December 7th – Noosa (QLD) – EOI Close 19th Nov
This is a reflective style workshop where the objective is to focus on self with some individual exercises and group watching videos.
*Unfortunately, we cannot cover the cost of transport or accommodation to these workshops for people wanting to travel.
We ask that all participants behaviour reflects the values of the organisation:
- Committed to achieving our vision with integrity.
- Dedicated to and passionate about making a difference.
- Respecting grief is personal and unique.
- Every family has the right to be offered support without judgement.
- Equal acceptance and acknowledgement of every loss.
Do you need support? Book a counselling session